Wednesday 19 August 2015

Hearth & Home Double Window

Hi Again!

Do you think I am in love with the new Hearth & Home Framelits???

Well yes I am! 
I blogged a card using this technique a couple of days ago and thought I better show you how it is created.

Here is the technique to show you how to make the double frame window to put in front of any scene you like.

Today I have gone for a nice summer tranquil scene. 
Wouldn't it be nice to have this view.



To create the double window, place the die on cardstock then laying the top acrylic plate nearly all the way to the edge as pictured. Run through your bigshot.



Once run through take cardstock out and turn around, place die onto cardstock overlapping to the inside edge of frame already cut. Place top acrylic plate just to the edge of the inside of outer edge as pictured. Run through Bigshot.



This is how your double window pane should look once done. You can cut out vertical lines to make 2 panes in each frame instead of 4.


The stamp set used on this card is a retired set called "Moon Lake"


Thanks for visiting my blog

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your tip Angela. I'm looking forward to trying out a double window. I'm only sad that I didn't get the Moon Lake stamp set before it retired! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly for your lovely comment. Yes it is a great stamp set. Ang x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing, you are a very talented stamper.. Love your work. My su order here tomorrow..can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela what is your paper size you started with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      This card is a standard A5 card base. Piece behind double window is 4 3/4 x 3 1/4 inch.
      Thanks Ang

      Delete
  4. Thank you for showing how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. Thanks so much for the inspiration and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! I have the one from Tim Holtz so it will a bit more challenging... Thank you so much for this little tid bit...
    Your newest follower,
    Shawna
    http://thegrandstampede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I love the double window trick. I can hardly wait to try it!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Hope you have a great day.