Sunday 21 February 2016

Crazy Crafters February Blog Hop - Guest Stamper Patty Bennett




Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with our Special Guest stamper Patty Bennett.
This month we are excited to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) any project that has been created by Patty.
We hope you find great inspiration from the projects. 

You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog - Angela Lorenz or may have come from the person previous to me. 

Be sure to click on the person listed under me further down the page to continue your journey on this blog hop.

We are thrilled that Patty said yes to playing along with the Crazy Crafters this month.

So here we go.....

This is the card of Patty's that inspired me and if you click on the picture it will take you to her page.



So this is my card using nearly the same method as Patty but I did not have any watercolor paper, instead I used Shimmery White card stock. Sentiment is from the 2016 Saleabration catalogue.




I took the "F" size Acrylic Block - which is the largest we sell - and scribbled all over it in 5 different colors. My favourite colours are purples.



Then spritzed with water


First attempt I was not happy with as the paper stuck to the block and sort of smooched the colors in spots too much and not enough in other spots


Second attempt was perfect as I stuck the Shimmer Paper down with masking tape so it would not move. That way when I pressed down I could lift the block straight up and not have the paper come away with block. And I was very happy with the result. All I had left to do was trim panel down and stamp sentiment in Rich Razzleberry on it.


To create the backing piece I wanted the other sentiment to be on a piece of Basic Black but wanted panel to be on Rich Razzleberry cardstock. 
So this how I created the extended Washi label piece. 
Punch once where you would like to start then move along and make a second cut lining up the top and bottom edges already punched.



Well I hope you liked my card or my CASE of Patty's. Please be sure you check out the rest of the blog hop as I know there are some awesome creations along the way.

Thanks for visiting my blog

 

Product List

29 comments:

  1. Great Technique Angela, I will have to try this one. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Angela! What a great technique, will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours Angela, they are so me! That's a technique to go on to my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effects Angela! Love it and will try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Angela. I hadn't noticed this card of Patty's before. It is now on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card and idea Angela.....beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Angela. I have to say - I also love the rejected background! Thanks too for the tip about extending the punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will probably use the rejected one on something else. Thanks for the lovely comment

      Delete
  8. Great card Angela! What an awesome technique! I love your colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Ang. You are so arty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOh what a great technique, isn't it great to think we can play as we did as little girls and stil get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colour choices and the technique is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool technique!! love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Love your card!!! Thank you for the idea to use the Just for You stamp with that technique!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Angela! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card and your tip on punching thru the layer to let the greeting fit....I'm going to CASE it!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! Love using the blocks to make a background. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Ange and thanks for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Hope you have a great day.